What PMAK Can Do For You and Your Business!
Established in 1942, the Propane Marketers Association of Kansas is your voice, your eyes, your ears…….in places where you cannot always be. It keeps you informed and knowledgeable about your industry through your own PMAK Propane News Magazine, bulletins, brochures and pamphlets featuring timely articles, updated rules and regulations, governing requirements and much more; and through educational programs provided at Spring and Fall District Meetings, Annual Convention, Certified Employee Training Schools, and other necessary schools.
It is protection……a watchdog for you in the Kansas Legislature and in Congress. It is a pipeline to state and federal agencies.
It provides services……we have a “supply room” full of decals, placards, forms, pamphlets, brochures, booklets necessary in operating a propane business and in educating and informing customers.
It affords the opportunity of meeting, networking with, and learning from, fellow LP-gassers, and forming lifelong friendships.
PMAK Propane News, published quarterly, keeps you informed of propane current events and industry news. It addresses industry trends, technology, regulations, legislation, business tips and much more. All PMAK members receive this magazine.
The PMAK Membership Directory and Buyer’s Guide is updated and published annually. It provides a complete listing of PMAK Marketer, Associate, Individual and Honorary Life Members. The listings include a contact name, company, address, phone and fax numbers and e-mail address if available. The directory also includes an advertisers’ index, current executive committee members, directors and co-directors, committee chairpersons, and NPGA contacts. Frequently requested state and federal agencies names, phone numbers and address are also provided. An important, useful tool included in the directory is the Buyer’s Guide, for your propane business needs.
District Meetings – PMAK members are divided geographically into six (6) districts throughout the state. District meetings are held two times a year in each district.. District meetings cover any number of topics, such as required hazmat training updates, state fire marshal updates, DOTÂ & OSHA regulations, local & state government changes/updates and association updates to name a few. The district meetings are an excellent opportunity to give yourself and your employees continuing education at a low cost and close to home.
Convention and Trade Show – PMAK holds its convention the first part of June each year and is held at different locations each year always in the state of Kansas. The convention starts on Wednesday with a sports day which includes a golf tournament and bowling. Thursday it’s down to business, with the PMAK Annual Meeting for all members, timely seminars, the General Luncheon and the Trade Show.
Following the close of the trade show is a party, sponsored by various suppliers, an auction, with proceeds going to the Beth Johnson Memorial Scholarship Foundation. Following the auction is entertainment or a dance or simply a time to gather and socialize.Â Friday, the final day, brings another seminar and the close of the trade show. This convention is a wonderful opportunity for networking and seeing old friends and make new ones.
- Board & Committee Meetings – PMAK holds its Board of Directors Meeting 4 times a year. Committee meetings are held as deemed necessary by its chairman.
- Annual Meeting – The Annual Membership Meeting is held during the PMAK Convention. Election of officers and directors are done at this time.
- Seminars – Timely, informational industry seminars are held during the PMAK Convention and Trade Show. Topics range from NFPA & PERC updates State & Federal Regulations & taxes, to the new Fuel Cells issue.
- Schools- PMAK sponsors schools such as the, Certified Employee Training Program (CETP), which was adopted by the State Fire Marshal, the DOT HAZMAT training, which is to be renewed every three years, and other training as when necessary.
- NPGA Affiliation – PMAK is affiliated with the National Propane Gas Association. All PMAK marketer members belong to NPGA when they join/renew their membership with this association. PMAK members are informed of issues on the national level. NPGA staff also represents issues important to the propane industry to federal regulatory agencies. Membership to NPGA gives you immediate access to information and services in Washington D.C.
- Promotional Displays – Displays are available to members for use at home builder and trade shows, county fairs, open houses or other events with local marketing opportunity. The displays help demonstrate the uses and advantages of propane. These displays may be used by any member and are available upon request.